PROJECT ACCOUNTANT ROLE
Youth Alive, the leader in innovative children, adolescents and youth integrated development programming since 1993, is a consortium partner on the MasterCard Foundation/East African Youth Inclusion program led by Heifer International. EAYIP is a five – Year program in its fourth year aimed at improving livelihoods of disadvantaged young people through creating employment and enterprise development opportunities in the dairy sector and other agricultural value chains. Youth Alive is inviting applications from interested candidates with the necessary qualifications and experience to fill the following position;
POSITION: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT.
REPORTS TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DUTY STATION: Kampala with frequent travels to the field
The Project Accountant will provide proactive, efficient and effective management support for the EAYIP Project. The Accountant will assist the project manager and the entire project team in Finance related tasks and ensure grant accountability and compliance standards
- Financial Management of the project and providing follow – up at a regional level.
- Ensure consolidation, Control, reporting and analysis of financial and accounting data for the project.
- Manage project procurement logistics matters.
- Manage Mobile money transactions and cashflows.
- Ensure timely preparation and filling of all required tax returns.
- Prepare project documents/ Cash forecasts to disburse funds and prepare reports.
- Support project manager and officers with project narratives in relation to expenditure and financial risks.
- Develop financial performance measures in liaison with Project Manager
- Ensure that project cash flows are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the day-to-day finances, including processing invoices and following up on recharges and payments in collaboration with Project Manager
- Risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies.
- Manage the external audit and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that audit recommendations are fulfilled
- Ensure that all financial documents are properly stored and archived for referencing and verification during internal and external audits
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports as required by the Project management team
- Submit reports to the Project Manager responsible for oversight to ensure adherence to international finance and donor requirements.
- Be responsible for monitoring the budget utilization and communicate any issues to the project management team.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
Required Qualification and Skills
- A university degree in fields related to accounting with at least level 2 professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CPA).
- A minimum of Three (3) years of experience in project accounting in NGO setting.
- Experience in using Quick Books Accounting package.
- Strong financial management skills
- Experience of working within a finance department
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerized accounting software
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good organizational skills used in planning own work
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to manage high volume workload
- Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Good analytical ability
- Good problem-solving ability
To apply, please hand deliver your application to the Human Resource Manager Youth Alive Uganda; plot 148b, Old Kira Road, Kamwokya, Kampala or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23rd March 2020 at 5:00pm